The BIG Sleep at Salisbury Cathedral
Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury SP1 2EJ
Good to know:
- BIG Sleepers must be over 14 years of age
- Dedicated, experienced support throughout the night
- You will receive a fundraising pack, a kit list and a sponsorship form
- *Everyone taking part pledges to raise a minimum of £100 (or £50 for a young person)
- Those who raise over £300 (£100 for a young person) will receive a pair of quality colourful socks to celebrate your involvement as you will have reached Legend status in our eyes!
- You will be given a bivvy bag, refreshments and breakfast in the morning
- You will be funding our support pathway for homeless people in the Wiltshire area
- Accessibility – The event is wheelchair accessible.
Every year hundreds of people sleep out at Salisbury Cathedral and join our charity to give up their warm comfy beds to sleep rough for one night at a unique location to secure sponsorship to support our work to end homelessness.
Join us on Friday, 8th March in a poignant community event that sets the right tone of respect and hopefulness.
What is involved on the night?
We are taking a stand against homelessness by bedding down for one night at this beautiful venue in a single act of compassion to help save lives. You will join other participants at this outstanding location sleeping in the cloisters at the magnificent Salisbury Cathedral. There will be an opportunity to hear from service users who have benefitted from Alabaré’s help and to learn more about the support you are making possible. This is not for the faint hearted – we have previously run our BIG Sleep events even when temperatures have plummeted. The event promises to be a powerful, reflective and yet humbling experience as we bed down like those who are homeless. For us it will just one night, and in the morning we can return to our warm homes and comfortable beds.
Upon signing up you will be sent a link to some helpful resources including a full kit list, sponsorship form and ideas on how to fundraise. Final instructions will be emailed to participants; on arrival, you will be offered an emergency bivvy bag, refreshments throughout the night, and breakfast in the morning.
All participants must be 14 years of age or older on the date of the event. Those aged 14-17 must have a parent/guardian consent form to take part (this will be emailed to you) and attend with a registered adult.
*Everyone taking part pledges to raise a minimum of £100 (or £50 for a young person), and collectively, we aim to raise £30,000.
Get your tickets:
My CHILDREN have felt so helpless when it comes to life’s big issues, the environment, social injustice and care for the vulnerable……. Doing The Big Sleep has empowered them and helped them understand they can make a difference in their small way.
BIG Sleeper - Event Participant