At Alabaré we are committed to providing pastoral and spiritual care.
The values that lie at the heart of our work are:
- Care for service users, who are often vulnerable and marginalised
- Compassion for those in difficulty or in distress
- Generosity in allowing people another chance
- Respect for all, valuing each person, their experience, opinions and choices
Chaplain Colin Chambers has been an unfailing inspiration to me for twenty months. He has underpinned and restored my spirit many times, also my self-belief and, ultimately, my faith (purpose.) Thank you, it has never meant so much as it does today.
Paul - Homes for Veteran Client
Our chaplaincy team
Our Senior Chaplain and our volunteer chaplains are available to all residents at their request, regardless of whether they share a Christian faith, other faith, or no faith. Our chaplains visit our homes and services regularly and support our staff, volunteers, and clients through:
- Pastoral care and listening.
- Support in exploring faith and spirituality for clients who wish to do so. We can also help clients access local churches.
- Prayer for, with, and alongside all involved in Alabaré.
- In addition, we encourage our chaplains to bring their own specific gifts and interests to their role eg sport, hospitality and gardening. These types of activities are fun for clients and help build trust and a relaxing environment in which to offer quality chaplaincy.
- An active liaison for Alabaré with local church communities.
Our volunteer chaplains receive pastoral supervision and group discussion through our regular chaplaincy gatherings. They are from a variety of denominations and most are not ordained.
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a volunteer chaplain for Alabaré, email to start the conversation.Email volunteering team
Our Emmaus Community began in 1996, and was set up to support the Christian faith of some of our first clients. Over time, our Emmaus community has become a wider community within our learning disability service.Learn more
How to get chaplaincy support
Our Senior Chaplain regularly visits our homes and services across Alabaré and all benefit from the support of our volunteer chaplains as well.
If you would like to arrange a conversation or visit from a member of the chaplaincy team you can either do this by asking your key worker or by calling 07500 788148.
You can also email email@example.com
I always knew God existed, but when my health was going, I begged for another chance, and it was granted, so I know he’s there. He’s always been there. That’s why I’m here to talk to you now.
Glenn - Homes for Veterans Client